Monday, February 25, 2008

Today I saw my exam patient to clean the other half of her mouth. The other side was already built up so I really tried to stress her homecare so that her mouth wouldn't end up just as bad as it was before. I spent way too much time on her but I didn't miss any spots. I'm really nervous about the time issue for my patients because I don't wanna miss spots but I wanna do good on my exams. I think I'll just need more time to get faster. I learned how hard it is to give instructions to patients who don't speak english. She had her sister here to help her understand, but even she didn't speak the best english. My patient was pregnant and I tried make her more comfy by giving her a pillow and having her lay on her side, but she wanted to lay on her back and didn't know what to do with the pillow I gave her so, it was just a learning experience as to what specific patients like and understand.

1 comment:

The Pyper's! said...

I am glad that she same back though! That is so crazy that you had the experience of exam, spanish-speaking, pregnant.... all rolled into one patient...